We are always thrilled to talk to families about Community Montessori School. You’ll find our Admissions Office is friendly, available, and knows the answer to just about any question you can dream up. Please review our Admissions process and set up your tour today!
1. COME FOR A TOUR. A Montessori environment, whether indoor or outdoor, is a unique educational experience that can be truly appreciated by seeing it action. Join us for the opportunity to visit the classrooms, explore outdoor learning spaces, and observe teachers and students working in the classrooms. To schedule a tour, please complete an inquiry HERE or call our Admissions Office directly at 813 886 2050. A member of the Admissions Office will follow up with you. Initial school tours are for adults only, and are the first step of the Admission Process.
2. STUDENT VISIT.
After your tour, the Admissions Office will be in touch to schedule a student visit. These visits vary in length according to the program to which your child is applying.
Toddler Program Visit– A 30 minute visit where parents are welcome to accompany their children into the classroom.
Primary Program Visit– A 30-45 minute visit when the child will be invited into a classroom to spend time working with one of our Primary Teachers. Parents will remain in the Office during the visit.
Elementary & Adolescent Visit– This is a two-day Classroom Visit. Day 1 Classroom Visit begins at 9:30am and ends at 11:30am and Day 2 Classroom Visit begins at 9:30am and ends at 3:00pm. A signed and notarized Emergency Medical Release form must be on file for your child’s visit. Download that form HERE.
3. RELEASE OF STUDENT RECORDS. If your child is currently attending another school, please request that his or her transcripts and a teacher recommendation be sent from your child’s current school to CMS. Applicants to our Kindergarten through Adolescent Program are required to have this information submitted to CMS in order for the application to be complete. Please submit this Confidential Teacher Recommendation Form and School Records Release to your child’s current school.
4. APPLY. Download Application Here We are currently accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year. Completed Applications can be submitted at either Office or emailed to the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
5. MEETING with Head Of School for K-8th applicants. Once your application is complete, a member of the Admission Office will be in touch to schedule a one-on-one meeting with our Head of School. When you enroll your child at CMS, your family joins an amazing community of parents committed to a successful partnership between school and home. We value that relationship and therefore recognize the importance of getting to know you as well as your child during the admissions process. To that end, we require that parents attend a 30-minute meeting so that we can learn more about you. During this meeting, we are also available to answer questions regarding our educational philosophy, program hallmarks, and logistics, or any other questions you may have.
6. LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE. If space is available you will be notified in writing that your child has been accepted to CMS. Prior to acceptance all of the previous steps must be fulfilled including special requirements/forms due for Elementary & Adolescent students.